Detection of polarised radio sources: IFCAPOL
We provide IFCAPOL, a FORTRAN90 package that implements the Filtered Fusion technique for the detection/estimation of the polarized emission from compact sources in microwave sky maps.
The open source code is publicly available
Installation and dependencies.
The codes are written in FORTRAN90. The code is provided as gzipped tar file containing eight f90 module files plus a Makefile for installation. The code needs also a C++ compiler and it also depends on a number of FORTRAN90 libraries:
- cfitsio for FITS files input/output
- healpix for manipulation of HEALPix  spherical sky maps
- Daniel Mortlock’s general and sphere libraries  for fast projection of HEALPix maps into planar patches
- F. Argüeso, J. L. Sanz, D. Herranz, M. Lopez-Caniego, and J. González-Nuevo, “Detection/estimation of the modulus of a vector. Application to point‐source detection in polarization data,” MNRAS, vol. 395, no. 2, pp. 649–656, 2009.
- M. López-Caniego, M. Massardi, J. González-Nuevo, L. F. Lanz, D. Herranz, G. de Zotti, J. L. Sanz, and F. Argüeso, “Polarization of the WMAP Point Sources,” ApJ, vol. 705, no. 1, pp. 868–876, Nov. 2009.
- M. Massardi, S. G. Burke-Spolaor, T. Murphy, R. Ricci, M. López-Caniego, M. Negrello, R. Chhetri, G. de Zotti, R. D. Ekers, R. B. Partridge, and E. M. Sadler, “A polarization survey of bright extragalactic AT20G sources,” MNRAS, vol. 436, no. 4, pp. 2915–2928, Dec. 2013.
- P. Collaboration, “Planck 2015 results. XXVI. The Second Planck Catalogue of Compact Sources,” Astron Astrophys, Feb. 2016.
- M. López-Caniego, D. Herranz, J. L. Sanz, and R. B. Barreiro, “Detection of point sources on two-dimensional images based on peaks,” Eurasip J Appl Sig P, vol. 2005, Jan. 2005.
- “HEALPix: A Framework for High-Resolution Discretization and Fast Analysis of Data Distributed on the Sphere,” vol. 622, pp. 759–771, Apr. 2005.
- J. D. McEwen, M. P. Hobson, D. J. Mortlock, and A. N. Lasenby, “Fast Directional Continuous Spherical Wavelet Transform Algorithms,” Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 520–529, Jan. 2007.